Friday, March 27, 2009

March for Dimes, March for Babies...

I've been wanting to join the March of Dimes walk for a long time. I am grateful to be part of a team honoring my friend's son who was born without a heartbeat, William Jason Wendt. Below is her story, please sponsor me so that I can help reach my goal and hope that no one has to go through the heartache of losing another baby. Please pass this on to all your address book, we all can make a difference. Babies need our help, we are their only hope! To support me, you can click the link below. Thanks for your time.

To sponsor Melissa:
http://www.marchforbabies.org/Mels2310

To All:

As many of you know my little boy, William, was born into Heaven on March 11th. He was 7 ½ weeks early. Back in December he was diagnosed with Anencephaly, a neural tube defect which is the incomplete formation of the brain, skull & scalp. At the time of his diagnosis I had never even heard of this defect even though it’s one of the most common neural tube defects. I have read many websites that say not enough folic acid could cause neural tube defects. I couldn’t help but wonder if I had caused his defect because I was not taking prenatal vitamins at the time of conception – we weren’t planning on officially trying yet. My doctor & perinatologist reassured me that there was nothing I did or didn’t do that caused this. So I think there is something other than a lack of folic acid that caused this whether it is genetic or whatever.

That is why I decided to create a family team for the March of Dimes walk in memory of William. I hope one day there will be a cure for ALL birth defects so families don’t have to lose their precious babies. I invite you all to join me in this walk – May 9th at Auditorium Shores. We will be walking together in honor of William and all other babies that have lost their lives too early in hopes to raise money for the research needed to find the cures.

If you are unable to walk with us, please consider a donation, if possible. I know times are tough for everyone, so if you are unable to donate I completely understand. But I do ask you if you could forward this to everyone in your address book. And I would also like to thank everyone in advance for the support.

Thank you all!!

Sara

Mother to Kayla (3) & William (angel in Heaven w/ his Daddy)

www.marchforbabies.org/teams/willyj (click link to join team or donate) www.babywilliamjason.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment